On today’s episode of The BiggerPockets Podcast, Damion Lupo discusses his personal experience as a real estate investor and hard money lender who has seen it all in real estate—both the good and bad! You’ll learn how it was Damion’s naiveté that led to his early success (and why naiveté matters), as well as the traits that helped Damion build up an incredibly successful cash-flowing business.
And don’t miss Damion’s story of the murdered security guard or his golden answers to the question, “How do you get a lender to say yes?”
In This Episode We Cover:
- Damion’s first deal that he financed with his Visa card
- How you can be naive and still make it
- A discussion on whether it’s harder to find deals nowadays
- What you should know about driving for dollars
- The deals he has done so far
- The murdered guard story
- Why he wants to be the bank
- What exactly a lease option is
- How he structures his partnership
- A discussion on whether people should get an LLC or not
- Damion’s view on cash flow
- What he did to get through the downturn in 2008
- Advice for those who want to be hard money lenders
- Tips for convincing a hard money lender
- What’s next for Damion
- And SO much more!
Damion Lupo is the founder of Yokido and is a self proclaimed financial architect and American sensei. He teaches accelerated learning programs and is the author of 7 books including Reinvented Life, Total Financial Guide to the QRP, and The Quick and Dirty Guide to Gold and Silver.